Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Shiseido Crystallizing

Today the Shiseido company demonstrated the Crystallizing straight service for us. They were very nice and I thank them for the demonstration. The shampoo and conditioner products are interesting but I don't like the Crystallizing straight service. The solution has a smell that I have never liked (actually I hate the smell), This smell reminds me of a Paul Brown TR product and other relaxers that I have disliked one of which was Canadian . Two weeks ago I retouched a woman who had Crystallizing and when Liscio is slightly overlapped over crystalling the smell is reactivated. As far as the straightening demonstration, the models were Japanese women with wavy hair, I expected that the stylist would get the hair extra silky and smooth like we do with the Liscio product, but it wasn't the same. I believe Milbon's Liscio products are the most versatile and advanced products on the market. On a side note I just discovered the origins of Crystallizing this post is linked to Zotos International the company Shiseido purchased in 1988 which entered them into U.S. professional beauty salon market and on New Years Eve 2001, Shiseido Co., Ltd., acquired Joico Laboratories, Inc. . I guess that is why I remember this smell.